Note: We will not be producing our briefing on Friday, November 26th as markets close early and news will be very light post Thanksgiving.
Overnight Summary: Asia and Europe are higher. The PBOC hinted at future stimulus but left rates unchanged for the 19th month. The S&P 500 is higher by +16 at 7:15 a.m. EST in early trading.
Breaking News: Federal Reserve Chairman decision is imminent. Will be today.
Earnings Out After The Close:
- Beats: None
- Flat: None
- Misses: None
- IPOs Priced or News: Authentic Brands Group cancels IPO and will sell itself to private investors, brands include Forever21, Aeropostale, Brooks Brothers and others.
- New SPACs launched: None of note.
- Secondaries Priced: None of note.
- Notes Priced of note: None of note.
- Common Stock filings/Notes:
- CPE: Filed Form S-3ASR.. 14,354,162 Shares of Common Stock
- CUBE: Closing of Public Offering of 15,525,000 Common Shares, Including Exercise in Full of Underwriters’ Option to Purchase Additional Shares
- ISUN: Filed Form S-3.. 1,810,915 Offering
- METC: Filed Form S-3.. 5,631,349 shares of Common Stock
- MYSZ: Filed Form S-1/A.. 8,927,555 Shares of Common Stock
- ONCR: Filed Form 424B5.. Up to $50,000,000 Common Stock
- PSTL: Closing of Follow-On Offering
- Pricing of Over-Allotment: None of note.
- Direct Offering: None of note.
- Selling Shareholders of note:
- Private Placement of Public Entity (PIPE): None of note.
- Mixed Shelf Offerings:
- AUPH: Filed Form S-3ASR.. $250Million Mixed Shelf
METC: Filed Form S-3.. $300,000,000 Mixed Shelf and 5,631,349 shares of Common Stock
- SISI: Filed Form S-3.. $100,000,000 Mixed Shelf
- SNES: Filed Form S-3.. $25,000,000 Mixed Shelf
- VGZ: Filed Form S-3 .. $100Million Mixed Shelf
- AUPH: Filed Form S-3ASR.. $250Million Mixed Shelf
- Convertible Offering & Notes Filed: None of note.
- Note Offerings Filed: None of note.
Capital Raise Summary From The TradeXchange, bringing traders and investors real time news and Squawk Box, and other sources.
News After The Close:
- Weekly Wrap Up: Best and Worst performing large cap stocks:
- Trading Up: DRNA 71%, KZR 70%, TCDA 41%, SIGA 27%, RCUS 26%, DLTR 19%, TAL 16%, M 14%, RMBS 14%, EXTR 14%, MRNA 14%, NVAX 13%, SWCH 13%, BJ 12%, QCOM 12%, GME 12%, TRQ 12%, BMRN 11%, DDS 11%, SYNA 10%
- Trading Down: ODT -42%, URGN -36%, STNE -36%, PQG -27%, CMP -27%, AXDX -25%, HP -25%, TGTX -24%, HTZ -23%, RYTM -23%, JT -22%, STIM -22%, CRON -21%, RES -21%, SPLK -21%, ASMB -21%, PVAC -20%, TCMD -20%
- News Items:
- Ford (F) confirms it has dropped plans to jointly develop electric vehicles with Rivian Automotive (RIVN). Ford still holds its stake in RIVN. (CNBC)
- Asset Under Mgmt Updates: None of note.
- Positive View: BABA, LRCX, ASML, PTR, LCII, M, F, GM, CTRA, CSCO, MARA, RIOT
- Negative View: None of note.
- Mixed View: None of note.
- Stock Split: None of note.
- 13F Filing: None of note.
- Exchange/Listing News:
- DPW: Ault Global Holdings Plans to Change Name to BitNile Holdings and Split into Two Public Companies
- Buyback Announcements:
- Dividends Announcements:
- Community Bankers Trust (ESXB)
- Fulton Financial (FULT)
- Mannatech (MTEX) Declares Special 2021 Dividend
- Tilly’s, Inc. (TLYS) Declares Special Dividend of $1.00 per Share
What’s Happening This Morning: Futures value reflects the change with fair value.
S&P 500 +13 Dow Jones Industrial Average +89 NASDAQ +63 Russell 2000 +12. Asia higher and Europe mixed. VIX is at 20.50 from 20.95 in futures from yesterday. Gold lower with silver and copper higher. WTI Crude Oil and Brent Oil Futures higher. Natural Gas is lower. $ is higher vs Euro, higher vs Pound and higher vs Yen. US 10 year Treasury price is at $130.52 from $131.14 with yields at 1.572% from1.522% on Friday morning. Bitcoin at $57649 from $57,162 Friday morning down -3.37% in early morning trading after traded higher over the weekend. As of 8:15 a.m. EST.
Friday’s Action – 11/19 Close:
- Daily Positive Sectors: Utilities and Technology of note.
- Daily Negative Sectors: Energy, Financials, Real Estate, and Healthcare of note.
- One Month Winners: Consumer Cyclical, Technology, Industrials of note.
- Three Month Winners: Energy, Consumer Cyclical, and Technology of note.
- Six Month Winners: Technology Communication Services, Consumer Cyclical of note.
- Twelve Month Winners: Energy, Communication Services, and Technology of note.
- Year to Date Winners: Energy, Technology, and Communication Services of note.
Technology held up well relative to the Dow and $RUT which ended down. USO and UNG split with oil down -3% and gas up 2%. Updated 11/19 close.
Upcoming Earnings Of Note: (sorted by market cap, highest to lowest with most visible names)
- Monday After the Close: ZM, A, ARWR, URBN, JACK, RMAX of note.
- Tuesday Before the Open: MDT, ADI, BBY, DLTR, SJM, DKS, AEO, CBRL, ANF, DY, ROAD, AMWD, TITN of note.
Earnings of Note This Morning:
- Beats: CRNC +0.09, AVYA +0.05
- Flat: None
- Misses: TWST (0.03)
- Still to Report: SR
Erlanger Research Advance/Decline Chart: Updated through 11/19 close.
Gap Ups & Down In Early Pre-Market:
- Gap Up: VG +25%, ZH +9%, BLUE +9%, PBYI +6%, TLYS +6%, DPW +5%, GENI +4%, MRNA +3%
- Gap Down: AUPH -15%, NIU -4%, ERIC -3%
Insider Action: STRA sees Insider buying with dumb short selling and no stock has smart short sellers with insider buys. 11/19 close
Rags & Mags: Highlighted Stories may be clicked through to the original story. Repeated stories from prior days never listed, i.e. “rehashed news”.
- Five Things To Know To Start Your Day. (Bloomberg)
- Five Things To Know This Morning. (CNBC)
- Stocks Making The Biggest Moves: ATVI ASTR BLUE AAPL (CNBC)
- President Biden to speak on Tuesday about the economy and is expected to announce who will be the next Federal Reserve Chairman by then. (Bloomberg)
- Europe saw protests over vaccinations and lockdowns. (CNN)
- Supply chains are starting to improve reports The Wall Street Journal.
- President Biden says he will run for reelection in 2024. (The Washington Post)
- NIH Head Dr. Anthony Fauci notes that fully vaccinated will not include having a booster. (ABC News)
- Airlines sees travel hit pandemic records as people are heading home for the holidays. (CBS News)
- Uber (UBER) Eats To Launch Cannabis Ordering Service In Ontario Through Tokyo Smoke Partnership – Spokesperson
- Activision (ATVI) CEO Bobby Kotick may step down if corporate culture over sexual harassment cannot be changed. (WSJ)
- Tesla (TSLA) CEO Musk: Model S Plaid ‘Probably’ Coming To China Around March
- Novartis (NVS) plans new sales strategy for cholesterol drug launch, WSJ
- Target (TGT) to remain closed permanently on Thanksgiving. (CNBC)
Moving Average Update:
- Score remains at 73%. Updated 11/19 close.
- President’s Public Schedule:
- The President and The Vice President receive the President’s Daily Brief,10:00 a.m. EST
- The President and The First Lady depart the White House en route Joint Base Andrews en route Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 4:00 p.m. EST
- The President and The First Lady celebrate Friendsgiving with service members and military families as part of the Joining Forces initiative, 6:00 p.m. EST
- The President and The First Lady depart Fort Bragg, North Carolina en route Joint Base Andrews en route the White House, 7:40 p.m. EST
- October Existing Home Sales is due out at 10:00 a.m. EST and is expected to rise to 6.20 Million from 60.29 Million.
Federal Reserve Speakers:
- None of note.
- BOMN: Link Media Outdoor Announces Oklahoma/Kansas Acquisition
- Ericsson (ERIC) to acquire Vonage (VG) for $6.2 billion to spearhead the creation of a global network and communication platform for open innovation
- ECHO: Stockholders of Echo Global Logistics Approve Merger with an affiliate of The Jordan Company
Meeting & Conferences of Note:
- Sellside Conferences:
- Deutsche Bank Gaming, Lodging, Leisure & Restaurants One-on-One Conference 2021
- Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations & Cloud Strategies Conference 2021 UK (11/22-11/23)
- Morgan Stanley Virtual Insurance Corporate Access Day 2021
- Needham Consumer Tech E-Commerce Virtual Conference 2021
- Piper Sandler 33rd Annual Healthcare Conference 2021
- Company Meetings: CHPM, HSKA, TAUG, TLRY
- Fireside Chat: HPK
- Investor/Analyst Day: PSTI, TMBR
- Update: None of note
- R&D Day: None of note
- Conference Call: None of note.
- Company Event: None of note
- Industry Meetings:
- LA Auto Show 2021 (11/19-11/28)
- CEPSI 23rd Conference of the Electricity Power Supply Industry 2021
- 14th International Congress of Inborn Errors of Metabolism ICIEM 2021 (11/22-11/24)
Top Tier Sell-side Upgrades & Downgrades:
The recommendations listed below in this “Upgrade/Downgrade” section are compiled from what we believe are Tier I, II and III firms. Recommendations posted are taken from a variety of sources each day and we only post upgrades or significant initiations as well as downgrades to underweight or sell. The purpose of this posting it to make the reader aware of market moving recommendations. None of these recommendations should be interpreted as actual recommendations from CAPIS or its employees.
Today’s Upgrades and Downgrades:
Friday’s Upgrades and Downgrades: